Appropriate for 6 servings
- 6 pieces Salmon, skinless (approximately 85gr per piece)
- 1 large unpeeled orange in slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons dill, fresh and chopped
- Some more unpeeled orange slices (for the garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 220° Celcius / 400° Fahrenheit.
- Form a layer with the unpeeled orange slices in a glass baking dish and top it with the onion slices.
- Pour the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the onions become brown and tender.
- Remove the glass dish from the oven and increase the temperature to 230° Celcius / 450° Fahrenheit.
- Put the salmon pieces in the center of the glass dish while pushing the onion and orange slices on the side.
- Season with salt, pepper and 1 & 1/2 of the dill (half of the 3 tablespoons).
- Put the orange and onion slices on top of the salmon pieces and roast in the oven for about 8 minutes, until the salmon takes an opaque color in the center.
- While the salmon is being roasted, mix the orange juice, lemon juice, green onions and the rest of the dill in a ball.
- As soon as you remove the salmon from the oven, put it in a platter with the onion slices, but not the orange slices.
- Pour the orange sauce over the salmon and onions and garnish with the additional orange slices if you wish. Your dish is ready to serve!
The New Year is coming, and honestly? Until then you will have eaten lots and lots of meat! Believe me! It always starts with Christmas time and ends with the first day of the New Year!
So how about a little detox for this New Year?
We have already talked about the great benefits of salmon in a previous recipe! So how about we take a step further and take a bite from another healthy and nutricious recipe?A little bit of a different choice for the first day of 2016?
Give a chance to the Salmon With Orange Sauce recipe and I am sure you and your guests will have a great light meal! And most important? You will save space for a great dessert!