|1 hour & 15 minutes||★★✩✩✩|
Appropriate for 4 servings
For the Beef
- 1kg beef eye round roast
- 500gr carrots, cut in half
- 1 onion, cut in 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon flour
For the Gravy
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Heat the oven to 240°Celcius.
- Season the flour with the mustard powder and mix.
- Rub the mixture all over the beef.
- Put the onion and carrots in a roasting tin and put the beef on the top.
- Put the roasting tin in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 190°Celcius an continue cooking for about 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on how cooked you like it (30minutes for raw/40minutes for medium and 1 hour for well done).
- Remove the beef and the carrots from the oven and put it on platters covered in foil, to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the gravy, put the roasting tin with the meat juices and onions on the hob.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in slowly the beef stock little by little until the mixture turns into a nice gravy and remove the tin from the hob.
- Carve the beef into slices, season with the gravy and serve with the carrots.
So, Christmas time is just a few days away and Christmas dinner is on the way! What do you do? Well, prepare the Roast Beef above! It is one of the most traditional and fancy recipes! Plus, it is just the perfect dish for the main course of the Christmas menu! It is easy to make and according to your cooking preference, raw, medium or well done it also takes just 1 to 1,5 hours. I personally love it and hope you will also love it as well!
A Beaujolais Cru would be perfect to accompany the Roast Beef on your Christmas table!
Why don’t you give a try to this yummy recipe of Roast Beef for this Christmas and let me know?A Beaujolais Cru would be perfect to accompany the Roast Beef on your Christmas table! Click To Tweet