Appropriate for 4 servings
- 1 package rigatoni pasta (or any other pasta of your preference)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped into small pieces
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and put some salt.
- Wait for the water to start boiling and toss the Rigatoni pasta into the pot.
- Cook the rigatoni until al dente, remove from the heat and drain.
- Put them aside and let them cool off.
- Put the halved grape tomatoes in a large bowl, along with the olive oil and crushed garlic cloves.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste and mix the ingredients well in the bowl.
- Make sure that the pasta is cool and add them to the large bowl of tomatoes along with the mozzarella pieces and basil.
- Mix well and check if they need some more salt or pepper, according to your taste.
- Your Rigatoni Salad is ready to serve! (You may also put the salad in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving it if your prefer)
I know I know! I am back to salads again! But people! It’s Spring time! The weather has started calling for salads!! Do you not agree with me? Well, you will as soon as you check what I have got for you today!
Rigatoni Salad With Mozzarella and Tomatoes is our recipe for today! Absolutely Yummy! And yes, it’s not all green stuff and thin air!! Pasta is the main ingredient after all! And if you are a little bit like me, you probably love the combination of pasta, mozzarella and tomatoes with wine!
Just to get things clear around here, the wine is NOT IN THE SALAD! It just accompanies it!!
So, here is my recommendation for the day! Take a glass of white wine like a Riesling or Verdicchio*, make your salad and enjoy the taste! You will love it!!
*You may also choose a Chenin Blanc or a Pinot Gris to pair your salad!Rigatoni Salad With Mozzarella and Tomatoes is our recipe for today! Click To Tweet