Appropriate for 10 servings
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Powdered sugar for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 160º Celcius / 325º Fahrenheit degrees.
- Put some butter and the flour to the bottom of a round pan.
- Put the butter in a mixer and beat until it becomes smooth.
- Add the brown and white sugar in the mixer and beat with the butter for about 3 minutes until the mixture becomes puff.
- Continue beating while adding the egg, the vanilla extract and red wine one by one.
- Sift the cocoa powder, the flour, the cinnamon, the salt, the baking powder and soda into your mixture.
- When almost all of your ingredients become an even mixture, you may remove from the mixer and mix with a spatula for a bit.
- Place the mixture in your already buttered and floured pan and bake in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for about 10 to 15 minutes and then you may flip it over a platter.
- Sift the powdered sugar on top of your cake and it is ready to serve.
So, Valentine’s Day is coming up in a few days! Most of you may have already made a plan on how to celebrate this day and you have probably been waiting for that day for a long time!
However, there are probably some people who love this day but simply just don’t have a date to make plans with! On the other hand, there are also people who simply don’t believe in Valentine’s Day and it is Ok!
You see, no matter the case or the current scenario of your life, I have something pretty cool to accompany you on this day! It’s called the Red Wine Valentine Cake recipe! It is an amazing recipe meant to combine two of the most common greatest loves of almost everybody! Chocolate and Wine!
So, whether you love Valentine’s Day or not, I think you are definitely gonna love the Red Wine Valentine Cake recipe!Whether you love Valentine's Day or not, I think you are definitely gonna love the Red Wine… Click To Tweet