Appropriate for 4 servings
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 pound spaghetti (or any other pasta you want)
- 3 and 1/4 cups dry red wine
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you can have more for serving)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the water, 3 cups of wine and a large pinch of salt in a saucepan and cook until they boil.
- Add the spaghetti and while stirring, cook till the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti but reserve 1/4 of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, add the sliced garlic cloves and pepper, and season with salt. Cook for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the remaining wine and the reserved cooking liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the spaghetti and cook for about 2 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the nuts, the parsley, the cheese and the rest of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese if you like.
Spaghetti is the plural form of the Italian word spaghetto, coming from the word “Spago” which means “thin string”. Spaghetti is a variation of pasta, and it is a traditional Italian food which is made from ground grain, also known to us as flour, and water. Spaghetti has quite some variations as it can be whole-wheat but multigrain as well. Did you know that spaghetti and pasta, in general, form a great combination with wine? Not only as a drink to accompany the dish, but also as a delicious ingredient while cooking a dish of pasta. Well, Red Wine Spaghetti recipe proves that fact proudly.
So, would you like to check this Red Wine Spaghetti recipe?
Why don’t you go for it then!Maybe you’ll like it!