Appropriate for 4 servings
- 452.5 gr / 2 & 1/4 cups lentils washed and drained
- 113.5 gr / 4 oz chorizo sausage, in thin slices
- 591.5 ml / 2 & 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 oranges (small)*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion peeled, finely chopped (medium)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*Juice 2 of the oranges and cut the remaining 3 in slices, making sure you remove the peel.
- Put the olive oil in a deep pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Put the chorizo sausage in the pan and cook it for about 5 minutes, until it becomes brown on both of its sides, remove it from the pan and put it in the side.
- Continue by putting the onion in the pan, cook it for about 5 minutes until it softens and then add the garlic, cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils in the pan and cook for 2 minutes over high heat, while stirring.
- Pour the red wine and simmer for about 3 minutes until it almost fully evaporated.
- Pour the chicken broth in the pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 to 45 minutes while stirring from time to time, until the lentils become tender. Keep the pan half covered during this time.
- In the meantime, add the sausage slices and the orange juice in the pan and stir.
- Season the lentils with the salt and black pepper, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Fold in the lentils, the fresh chopped dill and orange slices and serve!
Lentils are considered to be highly nutritious as, among others, they are high in dietary fiber and protein. There are quite a lot of lentil types, such as brown, green, yellow, etc. and they come in many sizes as well, for real!
What we are going to see today is a recipe that apart from dry red wine, it also contains sausages and it’s called: Red Wine Lentil Stew! Intrigued yet? Well, I hope you are!
How about you check that Red Wine Lentil Stew recipe a bit closer?There are quite a lot of lentil types and they come in many sizes as well, for real! Click To Tweet