Appropriate for 32 servings
For the Cookie
- 72gr almond flour
- 130gr sugar, powdered
- 48gr sugar, superfine
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
For the Filling
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 286gr sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, pure extract
For the Coloring (Cookie)*
- 3 drops of red food coloring, for the pink ones
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for the brown ones
*Choose the one of your preference
For the Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 170º Celsius / 325º Fahrenheit degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and put them aside.
- Put the almond flour and the powdered sugar in a food processor for a little bit, until you have a combined mixture.
- Sift the mixture twice and put it aside.
- In the meantime, whip the egg whites in a mixer until they become foamy.
- Add the superfine sugar slowly while whipping for about 2 minutes on high speed, until you get a stiff cream.
- Add the color of your choice as well as the combined mixture of flour and sugar and fold them in gently, until they get incorporated into the egg mixture and you get a smooth, shiny mixture.
- Add your mixture to a piping bag and form the cookies on the baking sheets.
- Leave them on the baking sheets for about 40 minutes, at room temperature. Bake them for 7 to 10 minutes until they are firm, but not brown on the top, remove from the oven and let them cool off.
For the Filling
- Put the sugar and egg whites into a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl on a pan of simmering water and whisk so that you have a solid mixture. Check with a thermometer that the temperature has reached 160º degrees and remove from the heat.
- Whip the mixture in the mixer on high until you cools off and gets stiff.
Add your filling into the macarons cookies and your Original French Macarons are ready to serve!
Did you know that macarons make an excellent pairing with sparkling wines? No? Well, you know that now! You see I was at a cute little bakery the other day and I was trying to figure what kind of dessert to get for a little gathering I would have the same night at my house!
While I was checking them all with an obvious thrill in my eyes and not being able to decide, (I honestly wanted to get them all) , the woman that runs the place stepped in for the rescue! (I can really say she was secretly laughing at my inability to decide!) So, knowing me and my love for wines for quite some time, she suggested that I should have some of the macarons and that they would pair wonderfully with some bubbly! And boy, do they make a wonderful pairing?!
And that’s my story of how I decided to offer you some Original French Macarons recipe for today! Get some bubbly, maybe a rose one, and you will just love the pairing!!
It takes some preparation and you have to be a little bit careful with the macaron cookie but other than that it’s quite easy and worths the effort!
So, get a taste of these Original French Macarons along with your bubbly and Enjoy!!Get some bubbly, maybe a rose one, and you will just love the pairing!! Click To Tweet