Appropriate for 8 servings
For The Pastry
For The Filling
- 150ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 140gr caster sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 3 lemons, the juice only
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
+ Some powdered sugar for the garnish
For The Pastry
- Put the flour and sugar into a large bowl and mix.
- Mix in the butter and then the egg yolks.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and then flatten it. Cover the dough all over with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and off the plastic wrap on a floured surface.
- Put the pastry in a tart tin and press it down until all of the tin is covered with it.
- Make a few holes with a fork on the pastry and put it again in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 150° Celsius / 300° Fahrenheit degrees fan mode.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and line it with foil. Put some rice over the foil and bake the pastry in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven, take off the rice and foil, bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
For The filling
- In the meantime, beat the double cream, sugar, egg and the lemon juice together until you have a nice mixture.
- Stir the lemon zest into the mixture.
Bring The Pastry & Filling Together
- Pour the filling into the pastry in the tart tin and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a while.
- Garnish with the powdered sugar and serve.
Your Lemon Tart is ready!
Are you in for some dessert?? I say you are! I have a bit of a classic tart recipe for you today and a great wine to pair it with! It is yummy as hell and the combination is absolutely great!
A Lemon Tart recipe is my suggestion for today along with a glass of a young and refreshing Sauternes!
Come on! Give it a try on that Lemon Tart recipe and let me know what you think! You might like it! 😉It is yummy as hell and the combination is absolutely great! Click To Tweet