Appropriate for 4 servings
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon zest
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped basil
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Put the lemon zest, juice, basil, shallot and olive oil in a food processor and blend until they are smooth. Add some salt and pepper and set aside. Season the salmon fillets with the salt and the cracked pepper and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat. Place the salmon on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip the fillets and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. Arrange the fillets on plates and add the sauce, made in the beginning, to each.
Pinot Noir can be a nice wine pairing for the following grilled salmon as it matches perfectly with the touch of basil.
Why don’t you give it a try?
Let’s check this delicious recipe of Grilled Salmon with Lemon Basil!