Appropriate for 6 servings
- 15 tomatoes,medium chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- 6 sprigs marjoram and some more for garnish
- Crouton for garnish
- Put the olive oil in a large pot and heat over low to medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic into the pot and cook for about 15 minutes while stirring from time to time. Cook until they become tender.
- Add the sugar, the chopped tomatoes and the 6 marjoram sprigs into the pot and stir.
- Season with the salt and pepper and raise the heat to medium to high heat.
- Cook until it boils and reduce the heat to medium.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes until the liquid becomes thick and is reduced to about 1/4.
- Remove the pot from the heat, remove the marjoram and let the soup rest for about 10 minutes.
- Pass the soup through a food mill into a bowl to puree.
- Season with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Divide the soup into soup plates, garnish with some marjoram and add some croutons.
Your Fresh Tomato Soup With Crouton is ready to serve!
Since Easter has actually passed and you have probably overeaten a bit(…and who hasn’t?), I would say that maybe it’s time that you just take it down a notch… Yes, I know that you still want to enjoy a glass of wine so let’s say that I have a lighter recipe for you today! Fresh Tomato Soup With Crouton is the recipe I recommend.
Wondering what wine to pair the soup with? No worries! I also have a wine to recommend as well! A nice glass of Albariño is the answer for this recipe!
So try the Fresh Tomato Soup With Crouton recipe! It’s tasty and it is just the right food to give your stomach a break!A nice glass of Albariño is the answer for this recipe! Click To Tweet