Appropriate for 10-12 servings
- 400gr flour, all purpose
- 240ml milk
- 112gr butter
- 2 & 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- 60gr granulated sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the milk in a large saucepan along with 3 tablespoons of butter. Wait until the butter melts (be careful, do not bring to a boil) and remove from the heat. Let it cool enough just for you to be able to touch, at about 115° Fahrenheit / 46° Celsius degrees.
- Put the mixture into a large bowl and add the instant yeast.
- Leave it like that for about 10 minutes, until the yeast starts “working”, add the salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir for a bit.
- Add the flour little by little, while stirring.
- When you see that the mixture, the dough that is, is thick enough, then knead on a floured surface and form a ball out of it.
- Put the dough into a bowl with a bit of flour in it, enough not to stick down, cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set it in a warm place to double in size (Approximately for about an hour).
- After your dough has doubled, roll it out on a floured surface and brush with 3 tablespoons of butter (melt).
- Scatter the ground cinnamon and the rest of the sugar all over the dough on top of the butter and start rolling your dough into a large cane.
- Cut the dough into 10 or 12 pieces, depending on the size you want your rolls to be, and place them into a pan.
- Brush your rolls with the rest of the butter (melted) and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Put them aside, somewhere warm, while you preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius degrees.
- Put the pan into the oven (without the plastic wrap) and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool off for a few minutes and there!*
Your Cinnamon Rolls are ready to serve!
*You may garnish your Cinnamon Rolls with an icing if you wish!
Time is passing and September is only a few days away! 3 days away to be exact! So, as the weather is getting a bit cooler, I thought about making a dessert that is much more appropriate for the season! And that’s when I thought about the good old classic Cinnamon Rolls! Those yummy little dough buns that you can never get enough of!
Come on!! Take a look at the recipe and try it!!! You will be amazed by your own skills! 😉