Appropriate for 4 servings
- 2 big chicken breasts, cut into 2 pieces each
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 340gr white mushrooms in slices
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth or half-and-half (a mixture of light cream and milk in equal parts)
- A bit of salt and ground pepper
- Put the butter in a skillet and over medium heat until it melts.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Put the breasts in the skillet, cook them for about 5 minutes per side and remove them from the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a bit until the onion softens.
- Put the mushrooms also in the skillet, stir and season them with the salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Sprinkle the flour on the mushrooms and stir again.
- Add the wine and cook for about 2 minutes until the wine is reduced to almost nothing.
- Add the chicken broth or half-and-half, stir and cook for 3 minutes while stirring from time to time, until the sauce reduces a bit and becomes thick.
- Top the chicken with the sauce, add the parsley, serve and there you are, Chicken With Mushrooms In White Wine Sauce!
White wine sauces are usually used to accompany chicken and pasta. They can have quite a few herbs added and they can be used in many cooking variations. Mushrooms and parsley are two of the most frequent ingredients found in white wine sauces.
So, today we are going to see how this kind of sauce and with chicken, can form a wonderful combination, in the following recipe: “Chicken With Mushrooms In White Wine Sauce”. It is an easy and fanciful recipe to make while pretty delicious as well.
How about you give a try at this recipe called “Chicken With Mushrooms In White Wine Sauce”?