Appropriate for 12 servings
- 238ml red wine
- 115gr granulated sugar
- 225gr flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, large
- 50gr butter, melt
- 180ml milk
- 100ml honey
- 400gr fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius.
- Grease 12 muffin molds with some butter and put them aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, put both of them into a bowl.
- Add the sugar into the flour and baking powder, whisk for 2 minutes and set them aside as well.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl for a bit and stir in the butter, milk, red wine and honey.
- Add the mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture, stir lightly for a few minutes while adding the blueberries, the orange zest and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin molds and put in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, until you see them rise and become lightly golden on top.
- Remove the muffin molds from the oven, let them cool for a bit and remove the muffins from the molds.
There! Your Blueberry Wine Muffins are ready to serve!
So, Blueberry Wine Muffins is another red wine cooking recipe for you to add in your notebook! How did I come to have that idea of writing this recipe for you today in this time of year?
Well, it’s pretty simple actually! How? Stay with me! You see, I noticed that ever since summer time started (and even a bit before that, I do live in Greece after all), 60% of what I tend to eat during the day involves different kinds of fruit (you guessed that right, 40% goes to salads 😛 ).
Naturally, what I thought was, why not make some fruit muffins? And since I am a wine lover, why not make fruit and wine muffins? And that’s where it all began!
I made these Blueberry Wine Muffins and they were honestly delicious!!
Why don’t you give them a try? 😉Blueberry Wine Muffins is another red wine cooking recipe for you! Click To Tweet