Appropriate for 6 servings
- 900gr beef chunk (without fat), cut into cubes
- 340gr butternut squash
- 1/2 head escarole washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 sliced carrots
- 3 diced potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 chopped stalk celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Put the beef in a slow cooker crock.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker, and stir a bit to cover it.
- Stir in the cooker the garlic clove, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and butternut squash.
- Cover and cook over High for about 4 to 6 hours or on Low for about 10 to 12 hours, depending on your time allowance.
- Stir in the escarole.
- Cover and continue cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the escarole is tender, and there!Your Beef Stew is ready to serve!
Syrah or Shiraz wine is a red wine, light-bodied or full-bodied, that matches with a variety of food recipes. The full-bodied versions of Syrah can be paired beautifully with bold food choices such as blue cheese or barbecue tastes.
Beef Stew is commonly known as one of the greatest food pairing recipes for the Syrah wine. Especially if it is slowly cooked, spicy or peppery flavored with different vegetables. And that is what we are going to see today, a Beef Stew In Slow Cooker recipe!
Beef Stew In Slow Cooker is a wonderful combination of taste that brings out the subtle nuances of the Syrah wine. So, take a sit back and enjoy a beautiful glass of full-bodied Syrah along with this delicious but also healthy recipe.
How about we check what this Beef Stew In Slow Cooker recipe is all about?