Appropriate for 4 servings
- 380gr penne pasta
- 50gr fresh basil leaves
- 58gr Parmesan, grated (plus some more to garnish)
- 40gr pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons olive oil (plus some more for the spaghetti)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Black pepper, ground
- Fill a large pot with water and leave it until it comes to a boil.
- Throw some salt into the water and toss the pennes into the pot.
- Cook for 11 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Strain the pennes, toss them back into the pot with a little bit of oil to keep them from sticking together and set them aside.
- Put the pine nuts and fresh basil leaves into a food processor and pulse for a bit.
- Add the grated Parmesan and pulse some more.
- When you see that the mixture becomes smooth, start adding the olive oil little by little without stopping the food processor from working, until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Season wih salt and pepper to taste and stir for a bit.
- Toss the Basil Pesto into the pot with the pennes and mix.
- Put the spaghetti in plates, garnish with some grated Parmesan cheese and there!
Your Basil Pesto Penne Pasta are ready to serve!
Well, September is on and my pasta recipes are back!! Are you happy? I am for sure! It’s been so long since I last wrote a pasta recipe for you, that it’s only appropriate for me to post a new one today. What is that pasta recipe? It’s a classic one and it’s called the Basil Pesto Penne Pasta recipe. And Yes! It’s an oldy but definitely a classic one!
It will just take you 30 minutes to make (unless you make the Pesto sauce and pasta at the same time, and it takes you less time) and it’s as yummy as hell!
What to accompany it with? A glass of a great Italian chilled Vermentino will be just the perfect pairing for your dish of Basil Pesto Penne Pasta!
So, how about you go on and try it? It’s a dish and wine combination worth trying!